The Department of Biochemistry has organized a Blended Seminar on Collaborative Opportunities for Staff and Students and strengthening partnerships between The University of Nairobi (Kenya) and Thomas More University of Applied Sciences, Antwerp, (Belgium) on the following dates:
𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: Tuesday, 7th February 2023 | 3.00pm - 5.00pm (Blended)
𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐞: Millenium Hall 1, Chiromo Campus
𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: Wednesday, 8th February 2023: 10.30 am - 12.30 pm (This will be a physical meeting of the Belgium team with FHS members of staff and chairpersons of various Departments at Surgery seminar boardroom)
Mrs. Inge Vervoort, Head of the International Office of Thomas More University of Applied Sciences will give a talk on Collaborative opportunities at Thomas More University of Applied Sciences, Antwerp (staff and student) collaboration and joint project opportunities. Some of the topics she will discuss include:
1. The available scholarship/internship opportunities at Thomas More University of Applied Sciences for undergraduate and
postgraduate students of the University of Nairobi.
2. The available masters and PhD scholarship opportunities at Thomas More University for University of Nairobi students/
3. The various Collaborative International Learning programs (COIL) courses and opportunities for University of Nairobi
Students and physical exchanges to Thomas More University of Applied Sciences, Belgium.
4. The Erasmus exchange programs opportunities for the University of Nairobi students both undergraduates and postgraduates
to Thomas More University of applied Sciences and Technology.
5. Available collaborative opportunities for staff from the University of Nairobi in terms of short staff mobilities to Thomas
More University, Erasmus Mundus KA171 grant opportunities for staff from the University of Nairobi, joint short initiative
opportunities/grants between Departments/ Faculties of Thomas More and the corresponding Departments and Faculties at the
University of Nairobi.
6. Other various capacity building grants and opportunities at Thomas More for University of Nairobi staff and students
The other members from Thomas More University who will present briefly about their departments and also will meet the students and staff of the University of Nairobi for one to one discussion after the seminar include
a) Dr. Kirsten Schraeyen, International Coordinator Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (SLP & A)
b) Mrs. Tinne Van Echelpoel, International Coordinator Technology (Applied Computer Science & Electronics-ICT)
c) Mr. Karel Matthys, International Coordinator Nursing (NUR)
d) Mrs. Karen Depaepe, International Coordinator Applied Psychology (AP)
e) Mrs. Marleen De Sloovere, Coordinator Audiology Programme (A)
f) Mrs. Marleen Van Remoortere, International Office SLP&A and AP
Kindly register by filling the link below and confirm if you will be attending physically or virtually for planning purposes
𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 here
- Log in to post comments